Christian Blinkies

Followers

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Thinking of You for Uncle Lew


My cousin called the other day to let me know that my uncle (Mom's only brother) had fallen and broke his hip. I have not seen him in several years as his daughters moved him away from this area to be closer to them. He is 92 now and lives in an assisted living home. I wanted to just let him know I was thinking and praying for a speedy recovery for him. He always loved fishing so I thought this little guy might give him a smile and maybe remind him of "the good ole days". He is my mothers only brother so the only blood uncle I had. (Dad had all sisters.) Uncle Lew has always had a special place in my heart. I really miss taking my mom to visit and then listening to them relive their childhood memories and talk about their parents. My sister and I used to just sit and listen and enjoy learning so much about their young years and the parents gramma and grampa were.

I really hate the plastic that the embellishments come on when the flash seems to catch them better than anything else about a card! lol The fly in the lower left corner is one my little nephew made for me to use on cards and layouts several years ago. He was just learning fly tying.

Challenges I am entering:

Willow Sketchie- sketch

Challenge up Your Life- something for a man

Creative Stamp Friends- something for a man

Crafty Boots- anything goes

Sweet Stamping-anything but a birthday

Thank you for stopping by. God bless!

14 comments:

  1. Just so gorgeous hun....

    thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin...and good luck...!

    hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Moshie, I love the backing papers. I wish your Uncle a speedy recovery.
    Thank you for joining us at Willow Sketchie this week.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sup[er card for your Uncle its great. Hope he gets better soon x Thanks for playing on Willow Sketchie this week Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your Uncle gets better soon, and I'm sure recieving this card will cheer his day up no end :0)
    Thanks for playing along with us at Willow Sketchie.
    Love Clairebears x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your poor uncle.I'm sure your card will cheer him up.Great use of the papers and lovely colouring.Super card.Thanks for joining us at Willow Sketchie Challenge.Hope to see you again next week :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, just love the big fishy just perfect!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Willow Sketchie this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card, love the image. Thanks for playing along with my sketch at Willow Sketchie this week. Hope to see you again tomorrow for a new challenge. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. Love that image.

    Thanks for playing along with our new challenge at creative stamp Friends.

    Hugs, Katja

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great card for this weeks challenge at WSC, thanks for joining in.

    Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so sweet and I'm sure it will really help your uncle to a speedy recovery. Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' this week. Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  11. fab card, great for a man!!

    Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week.

    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Male cards are so hard to find and this one is just great.

    Thank you for entering the first Crafty Boots challenge.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant card - love the fishing rod! Thanks for playing along with the first crafty boots challenge! Amyxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow... your fishing boy is cool and perfect in styling.. love it.

    Thanks for joiing us to Creative Stamps friends.
    Hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete