Christian Blinkies

Followers

Monday, September 20, 2010

Picture challenge for Lexi's



Our challenge at Lexi's Creations this time is to incorporate a photograph on your project. I used her digi sentiment stamp "Happy Birthday". I chose to make a card for my husbands upcoming birthday. He will be 60 next month so wanted to make a card a little more special by adding his baby picture. I found a tutorial on how to make this slider peek-a-boo card and knew it would be perfect for this project. I love how his baby photo is showing thru the window but when you open the card it is a recent picture. My husband is absolutely not into frills and bling so made this card a little plain. His favorite colors are blue and brown so chose those for this project also. I hope he likes this. Please come and join us at Lexi's! Thanks for stopping by and please come back soon!

Challenges I am entering:

I Did It Creations
- keep it simple. I love lots and lots of embellies and this looks so plain to me!

Secret Saturday- anything

Wild Flower Patch
- stripes

Creative Cottage- birthday boy

Crafty Calendar- blue with option of flowers

Corrosive- unused stash.....never used the flourish stamp which I have had forever and also dug deep for the blue striped paper.

Alphabet challenge is also for unused stash

Stampin' Royalty
and Sweet Stamping-stitching (sentiment is a digi stamp)

Southern Girls- anything goes

Stamping Vacation- no no sparkle

God Bless!

23 comments:

  1. Hi Moshie
    lovely design and colours and the mini journal is a nice touch, thanks for joining us at SCSC101: Anything goes, Good luck, Hugs Bridget x. SCSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think it is plain at all unless you mean 'plain beautiful'. I love the vintage feel and your bg paper makes me think of wallpaper. Beautifully designed card. Thanks for joining us at I Did It Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card moshie,i love the idea of a baby pic and a grown up pic,i love how you have decorated the inside,
    lalkygirl x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the design of your project! It's really pretty.
    Thanks for joining our challenge at I Did It Creations!

    Greetings,
    Katja (IDIC-DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card

    Thanks for joining us at SCSC :)

    Hugs Jane x
    SCSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Diana, this is a fabulous personalised card I'm sure he will love it. Wishing him a very Happy 60th Birthday for next month ;)

    Hugs
    Tracey
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Diana,
    Your project is wonderful. Just love it!!!
    That baby picture is gorgeous.
    Hugs,
    Farida

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats such a great keepsake layout you have produced. Thanks for joining us at the Corrosive Challenge blog this week. Hugs
    Pinky Guest DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Moshie
    a fabulous card, lovely design,thank you for joining us at The Creative Cottage this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous! I have terrible problems with male cards and you nailed it :D

    hugs Lexi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. simply beautiful! I love the picture slider idea...I will have to check out that tutorial! Thanks for playing at I Did It Creations this week!
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a clever idea, it makes a fantastic personalised card. Hope your husband loves it - I think it is a perfect 'male' card, very stylish but not fussy!! Love Jacky x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card - what a lovely keepsake. Love the colours. Thanks for joining the Alphabet Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fantastic idea! Love the new and old photos, well done!
    xxAutumn

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow, this is very cool! i'm going to have to check out that tutorial - i bet your hubby gets a kick out of it! def a keepsake for years to come. thanks for joining us in our first challenge at Southern Girls Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just beautiful. So classy! Thanks for joining Stampin' Royalty.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so adorable! I love anything with photos on and the clean lines work wonderfully.

    Thanks for joining us at IDIC xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Moshie this is fab - very clever !
    Def going to have a look at that tutorial what a super idea.
    What a lovely gift to recieve something so personal x
    Thanks for joining us at the creative cottage challenge blog this week x
    ((hugs)) Suzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh wow, what a super idea for a birthday card! Your hubby is going to be so pleased! Thanks for sharing this and for joining us at The Creative Cottage! Hugs Shelly ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your card.

    Thank you for joining us at IDIC :)

    Hugs Gurkiss


    http://gurkiss.com/scrapbooking

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fab card - great idea!
    Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fantastic work! Thanks for joining us over at Stamping Vacation!

    ReplyDelete